How we use and protect your data (our Privacy Notice)
Our website and marketing are operated by Cyber Security Associates Limited ("CSA") registered in England and Wales with company number 10124305 and whose registered office address is at 5 Hatfields, London, England, SE1 9PG. At CSA we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This Privacy Notice explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Whilst we will keep all of your personal information confidential, we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within this Privacy Notice. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations always.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes. By using our website, you're agreeing to be bound by this Privacy Notice.
Any questions regarding this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to the CSA Data Controller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing to Cyber Security Associates, 5 Hatfields, London, England, SE1 9PG.
Who are we?
We are CSA Limited, a privately owned Cyber Security Company.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services, if you directly give us any information via forms and if you make any purchases. In addition, we will collect information about you when purchasing our cyber services (eg elearning courses).
What type of information is collected from you?
In running and operating the business, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- Information you provide to report a problem with the site.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- Information you provide to us by sending us a message through our website and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user's browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
- to provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes;
- for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website;
- to administer this website; and " if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you;
- to update our direct partners to help consolidate what other services may be of interest to you.
Who has access to your information?
Only CSA and its core partners will have access to your information. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to be contacted by CSA, then you can change your preferences by emailing the Data Controller (email@example.com) or telephone 01452 886982 and we will process your request within 7 days.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email the Data Controller (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or write to us at: Cyber Security Associates, 5 Hatfields, London, England, SE1 9PG. Alternatively, you can telephone 01452 886982.
Use of ‘cookies’
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies, held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened links in social media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Links to other websites and partners
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Those aged 16 or under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Cyber Security Associates are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the number ZA556808
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Privacy Notice is v4.0 and was last updated in February 2019.
v4.0 February 2019 Maintained by: Cyber Security Associates Ltd, 5 Hatfields, London, England, SE1 9PG