Salary: Up to £22,000 and benefits
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Shift system of Early’s and Late’s.
Cyber Security Associates Limited (CSA), established in 2013, provides cyber consultancy and cyber managed services which help to detect, protect and educate against the ever-changing cyber threat. CSA has built its team from a foundation of UK Government (ex-Military) and commercially experienced specialists all holding current and relevant cyber certifications. Today CSA’s core services are based around a 24/7 Security Operations Centre (SOC) based in Gloucester.
CSA is backed by FluidOne, a market leading connected cloud solutions provider, who provide support and funding firepower for
our ambitious growth plans. Our vision is to be the best quality UK cyber security managed service provider.
Our mission is to grow to over £10m revenue over the next 5 years adding to our reputation as the go to experts in our field and providing a full range of cyber services to our clients enabling them to focus on running their businesses.
CSA’s extensive service offering helps businesses understand the cyber threat and the measures they need to put in place to be more cyber secure. All of these services can be applied to the GDPR legislation by meeting the needs to demonstrate that a business has
implemented the correct organisational and technical controls to be ‘GDPR Ready’.
Each of CSA’s services cover a variety of areas from training, security assessments, products, crisis response, managed protective and
detection capabilities, and consultancy services.
The management team is led by our Managing Director Dave Woodfine and Technical Director James Griffiths. Dave Woodfine is
an ex-Military Senior Officer with over 20 years’ experience in cyber security operations and continues to provide a number of cyber
security assessments, project work and consulting engagements. James Griffiths is an ex-Army Royal Signals Senior Operator, who
spent the last five years of service working as an Operator providing cyber offensive capability to the UK government. James provides the technical governance and leadership for all CSA cyber services.
Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that CSA is an excellent place to work,
promoting a team and proactive approach to cyber detection and response, whilst developing our people and having fun along the way.
As the CSA Cyber Security Operator, you are on the front line of cyber defence, detecting and responding to cyber-attacks on a day-
to-day as they happen. You will be part of a small but highly experienced team working to ensure that the company’s and client’s information and systems are protected, in accordance with the needs of the business and according to Information Security principles of availability, integrity and confidentiality.
With the assistance of security monitoring tools, you will be responsible for investigating and monitoring client facing networks for suspicious activity.
The successful applicant should also be expected to research and report upon emerging threats, determining the levels of risk, to help shape and guide the security posture of the company and clients.
The clients of CSA have a wide range of technical skill, so the ability to translate technical information towards the target audience is vital.
You will be required to work on an extended shift pattern (early and late) to cover the core operating hours of the SOC (0600 – 2200 hrs, Monday – Friday) and be on-call outside of these hours when required. The future of the SOC will include the expansion of the manned hours to 24/7 in the medium term.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who is passionate about progressing in the Cyber Industry and an analytical mindset to join CSA on our journey.
- Triage and analysis of alerts from multiple SIEMs (Microsoft Sentinel, LogRhythm, Customised ELK) and intelligence monitoring capabilities, prior to escalation to the Shift Leader in accordance with the customer contracted Service Level Agreements.
- Perform triage and analysis on reported suspicious and malicious emails.
- Investigate and advise clients concerning risks and active vulnerabilities identified within monitored environments.
- Proactive Threat Hunting of emerging threats.
- Performing OSINT investigations into client’s information and their assets.
- Assistance in the Incident Handling and Response process internally.
- Production of high-quality alert, incident, threat intelligence reports and monthly client reports.
- Assist in the creation and compilation of phishing exercise campaign templates, running campaigns and report writing.
- Researching new methods and techniques in Cyber Security to improve your knowledge as a Cyber Operator.
- Assistance in the creation of projects that would be of benefit to CSA.
This job specification does not list all duties and is not limited to the above list of responsibilities.
- Ability to work shifts (currently Early’s and Late’s, moving to 24/7 in medium term)
- An active interest in Cyber/Information Security, Threat Intelligence, Software Development, ethical hacking and IT
based project creation.
- Knowledge of computer/network security, tools and techniques used within incident investigations and Emerging Threats within the IT Security Sector.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent time management and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Must be UK SC clearable.
- Educated to a Level 4 course standard in IT Security or similar focus.
- Basic understanding of a SIEM tool, Incident Response Platform, Ticketing platform, OSINT tools and Threat Hunting.
- A “self-starter” attitude, with the ability to manage your time well and have a true passion for wanting to get started on their Cyber Security profession.
- + 5% shift allowance should you be placed on the rota.
- Up to £1,500 per year training grant for professional development
- Hybrid ways of working, with mixture of office and home based working
- Workplace Health and Benefits Package.
- Mandatory 3mth probation period.
- Access to online cyber training courses and packages.
- Workplace Pension Scheme (if applicable).
- 26 days paid holiday in addition to all bank holiday and public holiday per year.
- Additional paid holiday day per year for Birthday.
- Fantastic company culture including regular team building and social events.
- Excellent progression opportunities and training support.
How To Apply
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org - with the job title as the subject field.
CSA is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.